Andrew T. Chen, MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
UNC Orthopaedics (Ambulatory Care Center)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (919) 962-6637
Phone: (919) 843-3380
Fax: (919) 966-6730
- BS: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MPH: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- MD: University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Residency: University Hospitals/Case Western Reserve University
- Fellowship: Carolinas Medical Center (Orthopaedic Trauma)
- Periarticular Fractures
- Pelvis and Acetabular Fractures
- Malunions and Nonunions
- Complex Trauma / Multiple Injured Patients
|2018||Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics|
- Eugene S. Mayer Honor Society, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Sommer Scholar, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- International Fellowship, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Carolina Center for Public Service Entrepreneurial Public Service Fellowship, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- GlaxoSmithKline Student Seed Grant, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Buckley Public Service Scholar, University of North Carolina
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of North Carolina
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Chen AT, Morris WZ, Zirkle LG, Liu RW. 2018. Evaluation of intramedullary Fixator for Pediatric femoral shaft fractures in developing countries. J Orthopaedic Trauma. 2018 June; 32(6): e210-e214.
- Chen AT, Conry KT, Gilmore A, Son-Hing JP, Liu RW. 2018. Outcomes following operative treatment of adolescent mallet fractures. HSS J. 14(1):83-87.
- Chen AT, Vallier HA. 2016. Noncontiguous and open fractures of the lower extremity: epidemiology, complications, and unplanned procedures. Injury. 47(3):742-7.
- Chen AT, Cohen DB, Skolasky RL. 2013. Impact of nonoperative treatment, vertebroplasty, and kyphoplasty on survival and morbidity after vertebral compression fracture in the medicare population. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 95(19):1729-36.
- Chen AT, Pedtke A, Kobs JK, Edwards GS Jr, Coughlin RR, Gosselin RA. 2012. Volunteer orthopedic surgical trips in Nicaragua: a cost-effectiveness evaluation. World J Surg. 36(12):2802-8.
- Chen AT, Luly J, Reider L, Scharfstein D, Bosse MJ, METRC. Outcomes After Heel Pad Degloving. Poster presentation at the 2018 Military Health System Research Symposium, Kissimmee, FL. 2018 August.
- Chen AT, Morris WZ, Zirkle LG, Liu RW. Evaluation of Intramedullary Fixation for Pediatric Femoral Shaft fractures in Developing Countries. Presentation at SIGN Fracture International Annual Meeting. Richland, WA, September 2017.
- Hayda RA (Presenter), Doukas W, Ficke J, Anderson R, Mazurek M, Frisch HM, Pasquina P, Wain H, Carlini A, Chen A, Mackenzie EJ. Functional Outcomes Following Major Upper Limb Trauma in the Military (The METALS Study Group). Poster Presentation at the 28th Annual Orthopaedic Trauma Association Meeting, Minneapolis, MN. October 2012.
- Chen AT, Cohen DB, Skolasky RL. The impact of nonoperative treatment, vertebroplasty, and kyphoplasty on survival and morbidity after vertebral compression fracture in the medicare populations. Podium Presentation at the 5th Annual of Lumbar Spine Research Society Meeting, Chicago, IL. April 2012.