Yeargan Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedics
Orthopaedic Sports, Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
|Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|Division Chief, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine|
|Chair, Department Wellness Committee|
- Sports medicine
- Surgery of the shoulder and knee
UNC Orthopaedics (Carolina Pointe II)
6011 Farrington Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- ACL Injury
- Shoulder surgery
- Patient Reported Outcomes
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Creighton RA, Romeo AA, Brown FM Jr, Hayden JK, Verma NN. Revision arthroscopic shoulder instability repair. Arthroscopy. 2007 Jul;23(7):703-9.
- Bushnell BD, Whitener GB, Rubright JH, Creighton RA, Logel KJ, Wood ML. The use of suture anchors to repair the ruptured quadriceps tendon. J Orthop Trauma. 2007 Jul;21(6):407-13.
- Creighton RA, Cole BJ, Romeo AA, Nicholson GP, Lorenz EP. Effect of lateral meniscus allograft on shoulder articular contact areas and pressures. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2007 May-Jun;16(3):367-72.
- Chappell JD, Giuliani C, Garrett WE, Yu B, Creighton RA. Kinematics and emg of landing preparation in vertical stop-jump: risks of non-contact acl injury. Am J Sports Med. 2007 Feb;35(2):235-41.
- Creighton RA, Cole BJ. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis after shoulder arthroscopy: case report. J Shoudler Elbow Surg 2007 Jan-Feb;16(1):e20-2.
- Bushnell BD, Byram IR, Weinhold PS, Creighton RA. The use of suture anchors in repair of the ruptured patellar tendon: a biomechanical study. Am J Sports Med 2006;34:1492-1499.
- Creighton RA, Bach BR Jr., Bush-Joseph CA. Evaluation of the medial elbow in the throwing athlete. American Journal of Orthopedics 2006;35:266-269.
- Creighton RA, Kindler J, Bach BR Jr. Compartment syndrome following recurrent ankle inversion injury. Orthopaedics 2005;28:703-705.
- Pearl ML, Romeo AA, Wirth MA, Yamaguchi K, Nicholson GP, Creighton RA. Decision making in contemporary shoulder arthroplasty. Instr Course Lect 2005;54:69-85.
- Creighton RA. Gender differences in anterior cruciate ligament injuries. THEACC.com-Medical Sciences, October 2004.
- Silver WP, Creighton RA, Triantafillopoulos IK, Devkota AC, Weinhold PS, Karas SG. Thermal microdebridement does not affect the time zero biomechanical properties of human patellar tendons. Am J Sports Med 2004;32:1946-1952.
- Wakim EP, Creighton RA, Fox JA, Bach BR Jr. Development of an extensive patellar osteophyte following acl reconstruction. J Knee Surg 2004;17:172-174.
- Karas SG, Creighton RA, DeMorat GJ. Glenohumeral volume reduction in arthroscopic shoulder reconstruction: a cadaveric analysis of suture placation and thermal capsulorrhaphy. Arthroscopy 2004;20:179-184.
- Selected as Best Doctor’s Award, 2018
- Keynote Speaker for Montana Orthopedic Society, 2018
- Distinguished Yeargan Family Professor, 2017
- Best Doctors in America, 2017
- Selected as a Top Doctor in Chapel Hill, NC by the International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (IAO), 2017
- AOSSM/ESSKA Traveling Fellowship, European Tour, 2016
- UNC Health Care and Faculty Physician Award for Carolina Care Excellence, 2015-2016
- The O’Donoghue Award, 2003
- William C. Patton Award for Best Resident Teacher, 2003
- Alpha Omega Medical Honors Society, 1998
- Dean’s List–The College of William and Mary, 1993
Phone: (984) 974-5700
Referral Fax: (919) 966-7956
Phone: (919) 966-9066
Fax: (919) 966-6730