Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Division Chief, Hand & Microsurgery
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
|Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|Division Chief, Orthopaedics Hand and Microsurgery|
- Injuries to the hand
UNC Orthopaedics (Ambulatory Care Center)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Carlan D, Pratt J, Patterson JM, et al. The radial nerve in the brachium: An anatomic study in human cadavers. J Hand Surg 32(A):1177-1182, 2007.
- Patterson JM, Jaggars MM, Booyer MI. Ulnar and median nerve palsy in long distance cyclists. A prospective study. Am J Sports Med 31(4):585-589, 2003.
- Patterson JM, Novak CB, Mackinnon SE, et al. Needle-stick injuries among medical students. Am J Infect Control 31(4):226-230, 2003.
- Patterson JM, Johnson MH, Zimanjic DB, et al. Characterization of Ly-6M, a novel member of the Ly-6 famly of hematopoetic proteins. Blood 95(10):3125-3132, 2000.
- Novak CB, Patterson JM, Mackinnon SE. Evaluation of hand sensibility with single and double latex gloves. Plast Reconstr Surg 103(1):128-131, 1999.
- Patterson JM, Novak CB, Mackinnon SE, et al. Surrgeons’ concerns and practices of protection against blood-borne pathogens. Ann Surg 228(2):266-272, 1998.
- UNC Health Care and Faculty Physicians Award for Carolina Care Excellence, 2019
- UNC Health Care and Faculty Physicians Award for Carolina Care Excellence, 2016
- Faculty Teaching Award, 2018
Phone: (984) 974-5700
Referral Fax: (919) 966-7956
Phone: (919) 966-7130
Fax: (919) 966-6730