Medical College of Georgia
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Kentucky
Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children’s Hospital of Colorado
|Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine|
|Fellowship Site Director, Duke-UNC Pediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship Program|
- Management of Spinal deformity including casting, bracing and surgical options for Early Onset Scoliosis, Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, Neuromuscular Scoliosis, Kyphosis, and Spondylolisthesis.
- NONfusion techniques including Magec(magnetic distraction rod), vertical expandable prosthetic titanium rib(VEPTR) and Vertebral body tethering.
- Hip pathology including Dysplasia management in adults, adolescents and children performing open Hip Preservation procedures including Bernese Periacetabular Osteotomy and Surgical hip dislocation approach for select SCFE, Perthes and Hip(Femoracetabular) Impingement diagnoses.
UNC Orthopaedics (Ambulatory Care Center)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Pain management/clinical outcomes for Hip Preservation procedures.
- Clinical outcomes/Blood Loss management optimization for posterior spine fusions in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- Green BM, Stone JD, Bruce BW, Fletcher ND. The use of a transolecrannon pin in the treatment of pediatric flexion type supracondylar humerus fractures. JPO September 2017
- Stone JD, Hill MK, Pan Z, Novais EN, Open Reduction of Displaced Pediatric Femoral Neck Fractures Reduces Risk of Osteonecrosis. Orthopedics Vol 38, Nov 2015
- Bruce BT, Stone JD. External Fixation in Pediatric Trauma. Current Orthopaedic Practice. March/April 2011-Issue 2. P 157-161
- Bader J, Boland M, Stone JD, Uhl T, Pienkowski D. EMG Analysis of Abductor Pollicis Longus, Extensor Carpi Ulnaris and Flexor Carpi Ulnaris During Forearm Prono-Supination. ResearchGate. May 2015
- S3P (Safety in Spine Surgery) recognition/ certification for UNC Children’s Hospital (2018)
- IPOS Top Gun surgical skills challenge- 1st place (Dec 2012)
- POSNA / AAOS International Pediatric Orthopaedics Symposium Scholarship Recipient (Dec 2012, Dec 2010, Dec 2009)
- Ty Cobb Scholarship recipient (2001-2002)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (2001-2002)
Phone: (984) 974-5700
Referral Fax: (919) 966-7956
Phone: (919) 843-3378
Fax: (919) 966-6730