Associate Professor of Pediatric Orthopaedics
UNC Orthopaedics (Ambulatory Care Center)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (984) 974-5700
Referral Fax: (919) 966-7956
Phone: (919) 843-3378
Fax: (919) 966-6730
- MD: Cornell University, New York, NY
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery and Research Fellowship, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship: Hip Preservation, Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland
- Hip dysplasia surgery: closed or open hip reductions and pelvic osteotomies (Salter, Pemberton, Dega, Tönnis, Periacetabular, and Staheli shelf osteotomies)
- Neuromuscular hip and lower extremity procedures
- Limb deficiency surgery, including limb reconstruction or conversion amputations
- Lower limb realignment with growth modulation or osteotomies
- Ponseti clubfoot techniques, including casting and surgical procedures
- Limb deficiencies
- Pediatric fracture management
- Hip dysplasia
- Quality of life outcomes
- Stem cell therapies
|2018 – present||Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics|
|2018 – present||Division Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics|
|2014 – 2018||Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics|
|2018||Palestine Children’s Relief Fund Humanitarian Award|
|2009||Shriners Hospitals for Children – Los Angeles Research Award|
|2008||Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society, Jacqueline Perry Research Award|
|2003||HSS Orthopedic Surgery Research Award|
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Cuomo AV, Watts HG. Atlas of Amputations and Limb Deficiencies. Krajbich I, ed. American Academy of Orthopedics, 4th ed., in press. The Multiple Limb Deficient Child.
- Cuomo AV. Atlas of Amputations and Limb Deficiencies. Krajbich I, ed. American Academy of Orthopedics, 4th ed., in press. Principles of Pediatric Amputation Surgery.
- Cuomo AV, Watts HG. Global Orthopaedics and Traumatology. Spiegel D, ed. Springer Sciences + Business Media, New York, In Press. Limb Deficiencies.
- Cuomo AV, Bowen R, Otsuka NY. In: Flynn J, ed. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Flynn J, ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia 2008. Open Tendoachilles Lengthening; pp 1619-1625.
- Cuomo AV, Lieberman JR. In: Musculoskeletal Tissue Regeneration. Pietrzak WS, ed. Humana Press; 2008. The Future of Musculoskeletal Tissue Regeneration: A Clinical Perspective; pp. 619-634.