UNC Outpatient Oncology Palliative Care (OOPC)
UNC Palliative Care Program Patient-Provider Pain Medication Agreement
Palliative care services are available from the time of diagnosis regardless of life expectancy or the intensity of a patient’s treatment indications.
Patients with a serious or life-limiting illness and their families can benefit from palliative care if they have one or more of the following:
- Pain or other troublesome physical symptoms
- Emotional, psychological, or spiritual suffering
- Concerns about difficult treatment decisions
- Coordination of care and treatments among doctors and nurses at all stages of an illness
- Complex care needs that make it difficult leaving the hospital
Patients and families can request palliative care involvement by asking their attending physician.
Clinical staff in the UNC system can access palliative care in the following ways:
- Outpatient Palliative Care at Eastowne in Internal Medicine Clinic: Please call 984-974-4462
- Outpatient Oncology Palliative Care: Please call 984-215-5370
- Community-Based Palliative Care: 984-215-5588
- Inpatient Adult Palliative Care: Please page the Palliative Care Consult Adult Service via WebXchange
- Pediatric Palliative Care: Please page the Children’s Supportive Care Team via WebXchange
- Inpatient Hospice Medical Services at SECU Jim and Betsy Bryan Hospice Home of UNC Health Care
For general palliative care questions, contact us by email or phone 984-215-5370.