Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to improve the health, function, and wellbeing of people across North Carolina and beyond through excellence in patient care, education, research, and innovation.
To be the leading Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department in the Southeast, through innovative and patient centered care, research, and education.
- Innovation: We strive for continuous improvement through integration of education, discovery, and patient care.
- Compassion: We demonstrate concern and compassion for our patients and their families, treating each person with dignity and respect throughout their care.
- Accountability: We steward our resources wisely with the goal of enhancing quality and value.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best we can be and to exceed expectations in everything we do.
- Collaboration: We believe in working collaboratively within our department, as well as with professionals in the health care system, university, state and world.
- Patient-Centered: We put the patient at the center of everything we do.