Guidance on 2023 NIH Loan Repayment Program
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is accepting new and renewal applications for its Loan Repayment Programs that provide support to health professionals pursuing careers in biomedical and behavioral research. NIH can repay up to $50,000 a year of qualified educational debt through six different extramural programs.
- Refer to the NIH Interactive Roadmap for guidance on the LRP application process
- Refer to the NIH LRP webpage for full Eligibility requirements
NIH application cycle is September 1, 2023 through November 16, 2023. In order to complete your application by the deadline, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) requires a completed UNC Loan Repayment Program Certification Form (UNC LRP Form) to be submitted to our office by Friday, November 10.
UNC Submission Process
Reminders for completing the NIH LRP application
- Applicants should complete the LRP application online
- Applicants should choose Amanda Chang as the Institutional Business Official (IBO) using SponsoredPrograms@unc.edu as the email address
- UNC IBO eRA Commons ID is AMANDA_CHANG
Reminders for completing the UNC LRP Form
The UNC Loan Repayment Program Certification Form does not open in a web browser. Clicking the link will automatically save the form to your computer’s Download folder where you can open it using Adobe.
- UNC LRP Form is due to OSP by Friday, November 10, 2023
- Applicants should complete all fields and obtain all departmental signatures
- Completed UNC LRP Form is submitted to SponsoredPrograms@unc.edu
- Once the UNC LRP Form is received and reviewed, OSP will certify the applicant’s information in the NIH LRP system prior to the NIH deadline
REMINDER: The LRP online application is incomplete unless certified by UNC’s institutional business official. If an applicant for your department has already submitted their application for the program, this form will still need to be completed and returned to OSP to finalize the certification process in the LRP system.
Email SponsoredPrograms@unc.edu with any questions about the NIH LRP Process.