Surgical Director, UNC Lung Transplant Program
Director, Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Program
Professor of Surgery and Anesthesiology
Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung and esophagus, heart and lung transplantation, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, lung and esophageal surgery, cardiac surgery including ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation.
Lung cancer (CALGB trial of lobectomy versus sublobar resection for small (<2cm) peripheral non-small cell lung cancer); use of lungs from non-heart-beating donors for transplantation.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Surgical Research Fellowship, Cardiovascular Lab, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI,
- General Surgery Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- MD, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- BS, Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
View Dr. Haithcock’s recent research publications on PubMed.