Co-Director, UNC Lung Cancer Screening Clinic
Associate Professor of Surgery
Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung, esophagus; lung transplantation; minimally invasive thoracic surgery including robotic surgery; extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO); lung and esophageal surgery. Robotic thoracic surgery, esophagectomy, lung cancer surgery, lung transplantation, chest wall resection and reconstruction, thoracic trauma
Ex-vivo lung perfusion; use of lungs from non-heart-beating donors for transplant; international health. Lung cancer screening, Lung nodule localization and resection, esophageal cancer, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS), robotic surgery, lung transplantation.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency (Thoracic Track), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- General Surgery Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL
- MD, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- MPH (concentration in International Health), Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- BS (cum laude), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
View Dr. Long’s recent research publications on PubMed.