Professor of Surgery
Lung transplantation, lung cancer, Cyberknife (stereotactic radiosurgery) for lung cancer, esophageal cancer, airway diseases and problems. Because of a disability that limits prolonged standing, I no longer perform surgery, but am available for second opinions and advice. I perform bronchoscopy, interventional bronchoscopy, and participate in treatment planning for stereotactic radiosurgery (Cyberknife) with colleagues in Radiation Oncology.
Ischemia-reperfusion injury, lung transplantation, lung transplantation from non-heart-beating donors, ex-vivo lung perfusion/ventilation, cell culture models of ischemia-reperfusion injury. Principal investigator on a large NIH clinical trial grant, “More and Better Lungs: Ex-Vivo Perfusion of Lungs from Non-Heart-Beating Donors” (NHLBI grant 1 UM1 HL113115-01A1, 9/1/13 – 9/30/2016).
- Thoracic Transplant Fellow, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Resident, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- MSc, Pulmonary Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Resident, General Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- York Finch Hospital Rotating Internship, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- MD, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
American Board of Thoracic Surgery