Seeing things a little differently…
Doing things a little differently…
Realizing a vision of excellence.
At a place steeped in both tradition and innovation, in a program designed to educate progressive scholar-practitioners, we boldly face the future with a vision of excellence.
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty on the cutting edge of research, practice, and community service. Faculty described by students as collegial, challenging, and welcoming of their contributions to learning.
- Doctoral students actively shaping our understanding of the science of occupation.
- Master’s students engaged in an entry-level occupational therapy curriculum grounded in an appreciation for cultural awareness, the complexity of human transactions, and the power of occupation.
- Professional colleagues and supporters who contribute enthusiastically to the learning process and the ongoing development of occupation-based practice.
- A university community rich with opportunities to engage in cross-disciplinary research and scholarship, collaborative education, and service to the local, national, and global communities.
The Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is committed to a future in which the humanitarian values of occupational therapy are embraced by society at large such that every person - of any age, rich or poor, fully well or with a disabling condition of any type - has the opportunity to lead a life that is complete and full and contributory to others, a life of meaningful occupations.
To achieve this future, the Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy seeks to educate occupational scientists and occupational therapists who possess the vision, knowledge, critical thinking abilities, and commitment to independent learning and scholarship necessary to make contributions in their respective fields. We offer an entry level master’s program leading to a MS degree in Occupational Therapy and a research doctorate with a PhD in Occupational Science.
We welcome your interest in the Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy and invite you to explore our website as well as become familiar with the encompassing resources of the university. For information regarding the university, begin with the main university homepage (www.unc.edu) and link to the various resources there. You may also find the virtual museum of the University of North Carolina to be of interest (http://museum.unc.edu/exhibits/)