University policies regarding deposit receipts are explained in the UNC Finance Division's Policies and Procedures Manual. Important links from the manual are:
- General Receipts and Deposits - See "Reason for Policy" and "Exclusions" regarding The Daily Deposit Act.
- Restrictively Endorsing Checks for Deposits
- Preparing a Daily Cash Transmittal Form
- University Cash Management Plan
- Receipts and Deposits
Highlights of these policies include:
- Daily deposits to the University Cashier are required for any receipts equal to or greater than $250. If funds collected total less than $250, the deposit may be made at the end of the week, instead of daily.
- Checks for deposit may be sent to the Cashier via Campus mail. Coins and currency, however, should never be sent through the mail.
Note: Deposits for grant acocunts should be forwarded directly to OSR (not to the Cashier). Deposits for gifts should be sent to University Development.
- All checks deposited must be endorsed exactly as the check is made payable (i.e. to an individual), but must also be endorsed by the department using the standard restrictive endorsement "Department Name/ For Deposit Only to the Account of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill".
- Departments should stamp/record when checks are received in the office.