Small Animal Imaging Facility
COVID-19 Update! Click on this link for the status of Small Animal Imaging equipment and services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As a UNC core facility, the BRIC SAI Facility strives to provide comprehensive imaging support for biomedical research. We encourage a wide range of collaborations between various groups to explore new imaging techniques, novel imaging contrast agents, or new applications in various research fields. Our current imaging modalities include:
- High Resolution CT
In addition to imaging services, we also offer various support for imaging related studies:
- Experimental design
- Animal protocol development/IACUC amendments
- Radioisotope ordering
- Image data post-processing
- Imaging based PK and biodistribution analysis
- Imaging probe verification
- Animal surgery and related procedures for imaging studies, such as cranial surgery, tumor implantation, catheterization, or tail vein injection
To learn more about our facility, click the items on the left, and see how we can help on your research.