Dr. Powell is a pediatric geneticist with expertise in hearing loss, newborn genetic screenings and rare diseases. Her research interests include:
- The ethical, legal and social implications (ELSI) of genomics research as new technologies emerge and the field expands.
- Improvement and implementation of advanced newborn screenings to identify rare diseases.
- Easing disease burden for patients and families with rare disease, including hearing loss, Angelman syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome.
Links to more information:
- ELSI Research Program
- UNC Pediatric Genetics and Metabolism
- UNC Healthcare News: New NC-Based Study to Advance Research Through Free and Expanded Newborn Screening
|To learn more about how you can support the Children’s Research Institute, contact Keela Lyon, Senior Executive Director of Development, UNC Medicine, Children’s. Email or phone 919-843-2915.|