- This event has passed.
Clinical Data Literacy Series
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every 2 days that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until June 11, 2021
Recruitment email to send out with workshop application
Email subject line: Announcement – Research with EHR Data Workshop | June 7-11, 2021
The UNC Program for Precision Medicine in Health Care (PPMH), School of Medicine Clinical Research Support Office and NC Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute (TraCS) are organizing a hands-on virtual workshop that will introduce participants to electronic health record (EHR) data. Content will include EHR data structure, how to query EHR data and interpret the results and limitations of those queries, how to deal with missing data, and an introduction to the Carolina Data Warehouse. During the workshop, participants will work with a de-identified EHR data set based on actual patient records. The workshop is aimed at UNC researchers, students, and clinicians who would like to use EHR data in research.
The workshop be taught via Zoom from 9am-12pm ET on Monday June 7, Wednesday June 9, and Friday June 11, 2021.
Points to note:
- The workshop is open to researchers with a current UNC-CH affiliation and onyen.
- Since the content will build upon sequential learning, participants will be required to attend all sessions.
- A laptop or desktop computer with a second monitor is highly recommended.
- The number of workshop participants will be limited to ensure that everyone receives adequate attention from the instructors and TAs.
- There is no charge to attend, but space is limited. We anticipate strong interest, and we will from the pool of applicants.
We will send out acceptance notifications the week of May 17.