The Computational Medicine Program seeks to integrate modern computational approaches with cutting-edge experimental techniques to advance the goal of predictive health care.
- Build expertise in computational medicine by partnering with departments to recruit faculty.
- Initiate interdisciplinary team science by providing meeting space, administrative support and seed funding for collaborative projects.
- Provide a community space for computational and mathematical biologists to meet and plan.
- Identify strategic initiatives for computational approaches in biological and biomedical research (example being RFA entitled “Emerging Questions in Cancer Systems Biology (U01)”).
- Provide mentoring for junior faculty, postdocs, and graduates students interested in a career in computational biology.
- Develop new graduate training opportunities.
- Promote research in computational medicine by hosting symposia and workshops.