Making the Case
January 30 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Join us for Making the Case – a brief course series designed to equip faculty with the tools and skills required to build a successful business case to support academic projects or programs within the School of Medicine and Health Care System.
Offered by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development, in partnership with the Finance and Business Operations team, and the Kenan Flagler Business School, participants of the program develop the skills necessary to build a financial proposal and pitch to key stakeholders.
Over the course of three sessions, participants will develop or refine their idea, identify key stakeholders, receive coaching from leaders across the institution, and practice pitching their idea in a low-stakes environment. Participants must be able to attend all three sessions.
The sessions are on:
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 8:30-10:30AM
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 from 8:30-10:30AM
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 8:30-11:30AM
- Learn how to make a financial business case
- Understand the pitch process
- Get feedback on project ideas in low-stakes environment
- Build connections across the institution
For more information, contact Lauren Westervelt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your application to participate here.