Photo of Debbie Phipps, MD
Debbie Phipps, MD

Dr. Phipps grew up in the Chicago suburbs, attended Duke University for undergraduate studies and then returned to Chicago for medical school at Rush University. Her Family Medicine residency and Women’s Health Fellowship were both completed at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. When not at work, she loves spending time with her husband, daughter, and pet Chihuahua mix.

“My greatest joy and privilege as a Family Physician is to care for families at every stage,” says Dr. Phipps. “My special interests include caring for moms and mothers-to-be as well as their children. I practice shared decision making with all of my patients in order to connect them to health resources for the lives they want to lead.”

Dr. Phipps has completed additional training in Women’s Health with focus on obstetrics as well as the vulva. Together with the OB/GYN department, she sees patients with Lichen Sclerosus, Lichen Planus, and vulvar/vaginal pain. Research interests include access to contraception as well as treatment of vulvar disorders.

Find her on UNC’s Find-a-Doc here, or call 984-974-0210 to make an appointment.