Virtual Healthy Habits Study
About the Virtual Healthy Habits Study
Thank you for showing interest in our study. You are invited to participate in this pilot research study because you’re already part of UNC’s Weight Management Program. The purpose of our study is to provide virtual information sessions and cooking demonstrations to participants recruited through the University of North Carolina Weight Management Program with the aim of using motivation for behavioral modification to help others to cook healthy meals and improve overall skills in living a healthy lifestyle.
To participate in the study
- You must be enrolled in the UNC Weight Management Program and must have completed at least 2 visits
- You must complete informed consent to participate in the study and confirm understanding of the risks and benefits
- You will continue to attend the regularly scheduled individual counseling appointments through the Weight Management Program
- If chosen for the intervention group, you must watch at least 1 video every other week
- You will be required to complete an online survey after watching each video
- Both members of the control and intervention groups will complete a survey at the close of the pilot study
After you enroll
- The Virtual Healthy Habits research team will let you know if you are in the control or intervention group
- Intervention group: Research team will send the link and password for the Virtual Healthy Habits videos and surveys. Watch a video every 2 weeks and complete surveys after each video
- Control group: will continue the Weight Management Program with no change
- All participants: will be emailed a completion survey upon completion of the pilot study
Your participation may help researchers and providers learn how to best assist patients in living a sustainable healthy life. Your participation is voluntary. If you decide not to participate, your care at UNC Health Care will not be affected.
Please contact us at email@example.com with further questions.
Your Virtual Health Habits study team
UNC Weight Management Program