This list describes in general the documentation that is required of all students in the Division of Clinical Laboratory Science. Students will receive instructions for documenting completion of the requirements, including deadlines for each requirement.
- Required immunizations, including the
Note that the flu shot is required when students are in clinical rotations during flu season (2nd year CLS students), and, because our clinical affiliates require COVID-19 vaccination, this is also required before clinical placements.
Common immunization questions are addressed in this Q&A document.
- Tuberculosis screening
- Annual review of CLS Policies and Procedures
- Annual safety training
- UNC School of Medicine’s online HIPAA Training, renewed annually
- Criminal background check prior to clinical placements, renewed annually
- Drug screen prior to clinical placements, renewed annually
- Major medical insurance coverage in force during clinical rotations
The UNC system requires adequate coverage for all full-time, degree-seeking students. CLS students who do not submit a waiver with proof of personal coverage will be automatically enrolled in the mandatory student hard waiver plan. Cost-sharing plans may meet the UNC system requirement, but are NOT acceptable coverage for Health Affairs students.
- Clinical site-specific requirements
Students are required to meet any additional training and documentation requirements for any and all sites to which they may be assigned for clinical rotations. The requirements of our clinical affiliates are subject to change at any time.Students will be informed of these as we are made aware of them.