As part of Patient Safety Awareness Week March 8-14, the Performance Improvement & Patient Safety and Infection Prevention departments recognized individuals who have gone above and beyond in their patient safety efforts. Award recipients were treated to a “thank you” lunch on Tuesday, March 10, noon to 1 pm. Dr. Tom Ivester and Larry Mandelkehr acknowledged the recipients’ important work and presented the awards.
Please congratulate this year’s recipients of the UNC Medical Center Patient Safety Awards:.
- Danielle Anderson – CSTII, 4ONC
- Christa Clark – Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology
- Jill Cosgrove – CNIV, NSICU
- Molly Haugh – CNI, ED Main Hospital
- Sejal Kansagra – Pharmacist, UNC Hillsborough
- Ellenita Kornegay – CNII, Adult Specialty Care Team
- Jay Lamba – Clinical Assistant Professor, Hospitalists
- Kalynn Northam – Pharmacist, Pharmacy Decentral Services
- Dan Park – Associate Medical Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Merari Sanchez Vega – Clinical Documentation Specialist, HIM CDI
- Lauren Schiff – Medical Director for Perioperative Services, UNC Hillsborough
- Guifeng Zhang – CNIV, 3 West
Every day is Patient Safety Day at UNC Health, and we thank you all for your efforts to keep our patients safe!