Carolinas HealthCare System is a great place to learn
Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) has grown into one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive systems that provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. CHS provides the Charlotte region with the only Level I Trauma Center and the only dedicated pediatric trauma center.
Curriculum integrates foundational learning with experiences in the emergency department, a sequence of simulation sessions, and a course of ultrasound instruction. A didactic “Thread” schedule weaves throughout the year with lecture material and active learning sessions on topics ranging from common findings to unusual situations, each session a building block in complexity and acuity. “Patients First Always” is emphasized as medical students move from textbooks to the care of patients, families and populations.
CHS offers medical students:
- High volume and wide variety of undifferentiated patients
- Innovative curriculum: combination of traditional block and Longitudinal
- One-on-one attention with attending and resident physicians
- State-of-the-art hospital facilities including new ICUs, maternity suites, and simulation center.
- Levine Children’s Hospital named a “Best Children’s Hospt
ial” by U.S. News and World Report.
- Award-winning faculty
- Diverse learning experience
- Free hot lunches Monday through Friday
- Free parking
- Student programs written into the EMR
- High patient-to-learner ratio
Charlotte is a great place to live
Charlotte attractions are incredibly diverse, so you’re sure to find something interesting to do.
- Art Museums
- Parks, greenways, and gardens
- NFL Carolina Panthers
- NBA Charlotte Hornets
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- U.S. National Whitewater Center