Annual Structural Heart Luncheon
On May 19, 2018, the 2nd Annual Structural Heart event was held at the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Patients and their family members were greeted by members of the UNC Heart team in addition to referring providers from across the state. The attendees enjoyed a delicious meal together and shared experiences of their journey with structural heart disease.
Before this new less invasive technology was available, many of the patients that were not candidates for surgery would have had no relief from their symptoms. This luncheon is a celebration of the program’s success in enhancing the quality of life of many patients across North Carolina.
The first annual UNC Medical Center Structural Heart Luncheon was held on March 25, 2017 in Chapel Hill. (picture below)
In the coming months, we will confirm and post a date for the 4th UNC Medical Center Structural Heart Annual Luncheon.
In the News
- One breath at a time: Fayetteville man has new, life-changing procedure
- Radio Show on Your Health Radio with Dr. Caranasos, Dr. Vavalle and Dr. Yeung about “The Aorta and Its Valves”
- UNC TAVR program successfully performs its first valve procedure
- Aspell’s Journey: First UNC TAVR patient returns to Smith Center to cheer on Tar Heels
- The UNC TAVR Program successfully performs its first patient procedure
- TAVR program continues growth, fosters integration
- New Device will make TAVR Procedure available to more patients
- Dr. Caranasos, Dr. Vavalle perform first suprasternal TAVR procedure using the Evolut–R Valve
- Tony Sciturro’s TAVR Journey at UNC Medical Center