Prior to starting your project with us, please contact Dr. Azcarate-Peril for an introductory consultation and service quote.Submission Forms
Please fill out contact information form and appropriate service request form prior to sample submission.
Please flash freeze samples as soon as they are collected, store them at -80C, and ship them in dry ice.
DNA and RNA submission requirements
If you are sending DNA, please make sure that your DNA:
- was not subjected to multiple freeze-thaw cycles as it can result in DNA damage,
- was not exposed to high temperatures as it can cause a significant decrease in sequence quality,
- has an OD260/OD280 in a range of 1.8 to 2.0,
- is not contaminated with RNA,
- does not contain denaturants or detergents
- is suspended in DNase-free water or such buffers as 10mM Tris, Qiagen EB, TE. It is very important that buffers contain no more than 0.1mM EDTA
We require 20-25 ng of DNA (not lower than 5 ng/ul concentration) for 16S amplicon sequencing if using the Illumina platform and 100-150 ng of DNA (not lower than 10 ng/ul concentration) if using the Ion Torrent platform.
If the DNA concentration is lower than the amount we require, please be sure to concentrate your sample prior to submission (a SpeedVac concentrator or ethanol precipitation are the best options).
If you are sending RNA, please make sure that your RNA:
- is suspended in RNase-free water or TE buffer prepared with RNase-free water and containing no more than 0.1mM EDTA.
- has been assessed for integrity following isolation using the Agilent Bioanalyzer with an RNA Quality Number (RQN) or with an RNA Integrity Number (RIN) ≥ 8.
- has been treated with DNase.
Please submit at least 500 ng of total RNA, 100 ng of purified mRNA or 100 ng of rRNA depleted total RNA.
We recommend to use fluorometric methods for nucleic acids quantification, such as Qubit or PicoGreen. If you use spectrophotometer (i.e. Nano Drop) to measure DNA concentration, please be sure to submit double amount of that required for sequencing analysis.
Libraries submission requirements
If you have ready-to-sequence libraries, please follow these requirements:
- For Illumina sequencing we require at least 30 ul of the library or library pool (not lower than 15nM, 5nM per library within a pool) to be submitted along with BioAnalyzer trace.
- For Ion Torrent sequencing we require 20 ul of the library or library pool to be submitted along with Bio Analyzer trace.