Professor of Orthopaedics
UNC Orthopaedics (Ambulatory Care Center)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (984) 974-5700
Referral Fax: (919) 966-7956
Phone: (919) 966-3340
Fax: (919) 966-6730
- BA: Hamilton College
- MD: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Residency: Rochester General and Strong Memorial Hospitals
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstructive Surgery, New England Baptist Hospital
- Total joint reconstruction
|2016-present||Professor of Orthopaedics, UNC School of Medicine|
- Ranawat Award, Knee Society, 1999
- Carl M. Harris, MD Resident Award for “Commitment to Patient Care & Education”
- Medical School Research Fellowship
- Co-captain, varsity soccer team, Hamilton College
- “All-State” NCAA Soccer, 1986
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Looney RJ, Boyd A, Totterman S, Seo G, Shepps-Campell D, Novotny L, Olcott C,et al. Volumetric CT as a measurement of periprosthetic acetabular osteolysis and its correlation with wear. Submitted for Publication.
- Olcott CW. Current indications and techniques for arthrodesis of the knee. Sem Arthroplasty 11(4):227-233, 2000.
- Olcott CW, Scott RD. Determining proper femoral component rotational alignment during total knee arthroplasty. Am J Knee Surg 13(3):166-168, 2000.
- Olcott CW, Scott RD. A comparison of four intra-operative methods to determine femoral component rotation in total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 15:22-26, 2000.
- Scott RD, Olcott CW. Management of cavitary deficiencies. In Bono JV, McCarthy JC, Thornhill TS, et al. (eds): Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. p293, New York, NY. Springer-Verlag New York Inc.; 1999.
- Olcott CW. Management of medial deficiencies. In Bono JV, McCarthy JC, Thornhill TS, et al. (eds): Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. p330. New York, NY. Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1999.
- Pellegrini VD, Olcott CW, Evarts CM. The tri-lock femoral system. In Finerman, G.A.M.; Dorey FG, Grigoris P, McKellop HA. (eds): Total Hip Arthroplasty Outcomes. p. 181, New York, NY. Churchill Livingstone Inc., 1998.
- Olcott CW. Hip pain. In Leppert PC and Howard FM (eds): Primary Care for Women. p.663, Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
- Pellegrini VD, Parentis M, Olmstead J, Olcott C. Extension metacarpal osteotomy in the treatment of trapeziometacarpal osteoarthritis: A biomechanical study. J Hand Surg 21A: 16-23, 1996.
- Pellegrini VD, Olcott CW, Hollenberg G. Contact patterns in the trapeziometacarpal joint: The role of the palmar beak ligament. J Hand Surg 18-A: 238-44, 1993.
- Miller SA, Olcott CW. Cell Proliferation in chick oral membrane lags behind that of adjacent epithelia at the time of rupture. Anat Rec 223: 204-208, 1989.