Upon initiating a new project with the Proteomics Core, researchers will be required to discuss their project with Proteomics Core staff and submit a Project Request Form.
Please note: Samples will only be accepted after your sample submission request is approved by Proteomics Core staff.
For all inquiries, to schedule a consultation, or for questions, please contact:
How to Submit Samples
All sample submissions must be submitted through iLab.
- If you are new to iLab, please create an account by following this link and clicking on the ‘register’ button in the top righthand corner.
- Once the project has been approved by a Proteomics Core Staff Member, submit your iLab request here.
- Click the ‘request services’ tab and choose a service. You’ll then be directed to fill out billing information and a sample information form.
- For UNC users, if you do not see your chartfield string listed in the drop-down, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get it added to your account.
- For external users, you can either pay by PO or credit card.
- Please numerically label the sample tubes as they appear on the iLab sample information form!!
- Once you have submitted your iLab request, schedule a drop-off time with the Proteomics Core’s staff at the drop-off cart which is currently located inside the front of the Glaxo building.
- Ship samples frozen and packed on dry ice.
- Insert a copy of your Project Request Form and include the iLab Project ID associated with your samples.
- Samples should be shipped overnight via Fedex to the following address:
UNC Proteomics Core
101 Mason Farm Rd. CB#7026
111 Glaxo Building
ATTN: Laura Herring
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599