Director of Thoracic Surgical Oncology
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung and esophagus, lung transplantation, ECMO, emphysema, bronchiectasis, Minimally invasive thoracic surgery including robotic surgery
Surgical outcomes, patient-centered outcomes, surgical capacity building, Global health
Education and Training
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- Residency (General Surgery), Brigham and Women’s Hospital , Boston, MA
- Residency (Cardiothoracic Surgery), Brigham and Women’s Hospital , Boston, MA
- Research Fellow, BWH Center for Surgery and Public Health, Boston, MA
- BS, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
View Dr. Mody’s recent research publications on PubMed.
Q & A
For an introspective look at Dr. Mody, check out her interview.
|A Fighter All Her Life, Surviving an Unsurvivable Condition | June 2, 2020
Acid reflux. That’s what doctors initially thought Helen Nance was suffering from. Helen shares her intense medical journey from being airlifted to UNC, to being diagnosed with a descending thoracic aortic aneurysm that burst a hole in her esophagus. Read more about Helen’s story.