Real-time PCR (qPCR) arrays available
We offer various qPCR arrays that include anywhere from 5 to 768 primer-pairs per assay. Our assays include: KSHV, EBV, HCMV, HSV-1, HSV-2, RRV, Viral Load, microRNA, NFkappaB, and P53response.
The Vironomics Core ran 19,968 qPCR reactions during one month!
For each validated assay we have: standard operating procedures, quality controls built in, and trained personnel. Please see below for a few publications that have resulted from each assay.
qPCR requests should be submitted to Dr. Dirk Dittmer and/or the Vironomics Core Manager, email is best. Once approved, Viral Array samples should be prepared following the SOP of qPCR mRNA Preparation. Overall, 100uL of cDNA is required for submission. Viral Load samples should be submitted as 1mL of primary sample.
Our individual viral arrays (RT-qPCR) include the following viruses: KSHV, EBV, HSV-1, HSV-2, RRV, and HCMV. We also offer a Viral Load assay (qPCR) that includes KSHV, EBV, CMV, and HSV-1 all in one assay.
- Viral Load: 5 primers (HSV1, KSHV, CMV, and/or EBV + internal control) (rate 1). Int J Cancer 2017, Pediatr Blood Cancer 2017, J Int AIDS Soc. 2015, MBio. 2014, Lancet. 2014.
EBV Viral Load: Plasma Epstein‐Barr virus DNA for pediatric Burkitt lymphoma diagnosis, prognosis and response assessment in Malawi (Int J Cancer 2017)
- KSHVv2.0: 192 primers per sample. (2x rate 4), PNAS. 2015, MBio. 2014, J Virol. 2013, Host Cell Microbe. 2013, Cancer Res. 2013, J Virol. 2012
- EBVv2014: 288 primers per sample (3x rate 4) unpubl.
- HSV1v1.0: 96 primers per sample (1x rate 4) unpubl.
- HSV2v1.0: unpubl.
- RRVv1.0: 96 primers per sample (1x rate 4) Virol. 2009, J Virol. 2005
- HCMVv1.0: 192 primers per sample (2x rate 4) unpubl.
Our microRNA assays include both in-house developed and commercially available assays. Please contact us for rates as they depend on company and number of miRNAs you desire.
- Pre-miRNAv1.0: 192 primers per sample. In-house assay (2x rate 4) http://www.jove.com/index/details.stp?id=2210, J Vis Exp. 2010, PLoS Pathog. 2009, Blood. 2008
- TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays: Human library purchased from Life Technologies, run on our Tecan and LC480 Instruments. PLoS Patho. 2013, Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011, Blood. 2009
- KSHV TaqMan® viral miRNA Assays: Customizable from Life Technologies. J Virol. 2013, PLoS Patho. 2013, PLoS Pathog. 2009,
- microRNA Ready-to-Use PCR panels: miRNA Human Panel and Mouse Panel has been used so far. Panels purchased from Exiqon, run on our Tecan and LC480 Instruments.
Other assays include: NFkappaB and P53response.
Analysis of the raw qPCR is not included in the assay cost; however, we do offer a data analysis/consultation service that can assist you with analysis or creating ready-to-publish tables. Please contact Dr. Dirk Dittmer and/or the Vironomics Core Manger for this service and estimated turn-around time.