Professor of Surgery
Office phone: 919-966-3383
Thoracic oncology, general thoracic and esophageal surgery, treatment of lung tumors with CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery system, superdimension bronchoscopy.
Dr. Feins is director of the cardiothoracic simulation center at UNC-Chapel Hill. Lifelike simulators are used in cardiothoracic surgery education and training, and simulate most aspects of heart surgery and lung surgery. For more information and to see videos of the simulators in use, click here.
Education and Training
- Resident, Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y., 1980-1982
- Chief Resident, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1979-1980
- Resident, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1976-1979
- Intern, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1973-1974
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1973
- B.S., Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Dartmouth, N.H., 1969
Dr. Feins' CV (.pdf)