Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung and esophagus, heart and lung transplantation, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, lung and esophageal surgery, cardiac surgery.
Lung cancer (CALGB trial of lobectomy versus sublobar resection for small (<2cm) peripheral non-small cell lung cancer); use of lungs from non-heart-beating donors for transplantation.
Education and Training
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2004-2007
- Surgical Research Fellowship, Cardiovascular Lab, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 2001-2002
- General Surgery Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1998-2004
- M.D., Michigan State University, 1998
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program, University of Michigan, 1993-1994
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Michigan, 1993
Dr. Haithcock's CV (.pdf)