The goal of the Employee Relations Office within the School of Medicine is to promote, encourage and strengthen communication between employees and management at all levels.
Services provided include:
- Providing guidance and advice on EPA and SPA employee related issues.
- Assisting and counseling employees, supervisors and Department Chairs on various employee relations issues including successive discipline, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Assisting in conducting investigations for workplace violence, harassment, and discrimination cases.
- Managing investigations stemming from the HCS Code of Conduct/Disruptive Behavior Complaint Process.
- Assisting with the Performance Management System: helping with work plans, evaluations and appeals.
- Developing tools for managers/supervisors as well as employees to improve communication, the work environment, and understanding of University policies and procedures.
Lisa Bjornstad Voss, MS Employee Relations Consultant NCDRC Certified Superior Court Mediator
UNC School of Medicine 145 Medical Drive (919) 843-5526 Lisa_Voss@med.unc.edu
Derek Hoar, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP Employee Relations Consultant
UNC School of Medicine 145 Medical Drive (919) 843-5526 Derek_Hoar@med.unc.edu