Direct To Phone Pairing
Connect Your Hearing Aids Directly To Your Smartphone!
Most hearing aid manufacturers now offer devices that directly pair with and stream to your smartphone. This eliminates the need for additional accessories and helps to improve overall ease of communication. Direct pairing also does not require the use of a hearing aid phone app but users can still use these apps for additional control in conjunction with the direct phone pairing. Learn more about hearing aid phone apps here.
Hear better on the phone
- Direct streaming of phone calls improves speech understanding
- Hear phone calls in BOTH ears instead of only one
- No need to take your hearing aid out to hear on the phone
Hear music in a whole new way
- Direct streaming of music and podcasts
- Improved sound quality
- Replaces earbuds for hands-free and convenient listening
Control at your fingertips
- Adjust hearing aid programs and volume discreetly from your phone
- Free manufacturer app for advanced user controls (noise, wind, directional microphones)
- Find your lost hearing aid through geo-location
- Create personalized programs according to your listening preferences
Made for iPhone
Most hearing aid manufacturers now offer “Made for iPhone” hearing aids which can connect your devices directly to your device. The majority of new hearing aids are compatible with iPhone 5 and newer devices.
Android users can often access the same features as iPhones, but require an intermediary accessory to complete the connection. A small clip on microphone is worn during streaming to transmit the phone Bluetooth signal to the hearing aids.
At this time only two hearing aid manufacturers are compatible with Android phones (for direct streaming):
Hearing Aid Phone Apps
All hearing aid manufacturers have specific phone applications that can control certain hearing aid functions. Some of these functions include:
- Control your volume
- Change programs
- Change microphone direction
- Control hearing aid accessories
- Tinnitus masking programs
*Hearing aid phone apps do not provide direct to phone audio streaming. Android users can often use these same apps, even when direct Bluetooth streaming is not available.