- This event has passed.
AMEE Webinar – Gaming for health professions education
December 13, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
** If you can see a sign-in box on the right hand-side of the registration page – please first sign-in, or create an account for AMEE Central, to enable you to register for this webinar.** If prompted for a code, use ‘UNCAOE’.
Date: Monday 13th December 2021
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Gaming is a growing trend in health professions education, but do games really help develop real-world skills? Does it really work or is it just hype?
Find the answer to these questions and many more in this exciting webinar as we explore this interesting topic with a rich collection of practical examples and real-life use cases.
Games will be played, and fun will be had, and some amazing learning will happen as a result. Do not miss this unique opportunity to dive into the world of gaming.
Educational Needs or Gaps to be Addressed:
This webinar will address the use of gaming as an innovative methodology to create active learning experiences that engage learners allowing them to be entertained while actually learning useful professional skills.
- Describe several of the underlying theories behind games.
- Detail the role that games can play in an educational experience.
- Describe some of the advanced technologies being used in games.
- Analyse and critique current games in healthcare and education.
- Develop a hypothetical game-enabled learning experience.
Format and Interactivity:
Attendees will interact with presenters and colleagues in an active discussion about games. The webinar will include the analysis of personal experiences and case studies, allowing participants to come to their conclusions about the use of games for health professions education.
A showcase of interactive games will be utilized during the session to give examples of use cases and current trends.
- Attendees will have a better understanding of the technology, psychology, and design principles core to game development.
- Attendees will have a greater understanding of how games can be used in health professions education.
- Attendees will gain practical knowledge to begin using games in their own educational experiences.
Any faculty, trainees, or students interested in games in Health Professions Education
- Access to AMEE webinars is completely free and open to non-AMEE members.
- You will need to be signed in through an AMEE user account to register for this event. You can sign up/sign-in to AMEE Central using the box on the right hand side of this page.
- Although this event is free you will still be required to go through the checkout.
- After registering, you will be sent joining instructions and a link for the Zoom meeting.
- The meeting will be recorded, and you will be asked to consent to this before joining.