UNC Internal Medicine Clinic
At Internal Medicine, our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of all North Carolinians through team-based, comprehensive patient-centered care, practice innovation, and education.
Location, Directions & Parking
Internal Medicine Clinic at Chapel Hill
The Internal Medicine Clinic is located on the 3rd floor of the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC), on the corner of Mason Farm Road and Columbia Street.
Our clinic is divided into two sections, Side 1 and Side 2. Our front desk staff will direct you to the correct wing.
UNC Internal Medicine Clinic
102 Mason Farm Road
CB #7705, Suite 3100
Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Appointments: 984-974-4462 or 800-862-4938
Directions to Chapel Hill
From the North: Take NC 86 South (which becomes Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd/old Airport Road) to downtown Chapel Hill. Turn right onto Cameron Avenue (2nd light after Franklin Street); then make a left at the first light onto Pittsboro Street. Go straight when the road splits. Take the next left (there is a stop light) onto Mason Farm Rd. The ACC entrance is immediately on your right. The parking lot surrounds the building.
From the South: Take US 15-501 North to Chapel Hill. US 15-501 becomes South Columbia Street at the NC 54 overpass. From South Columbia Street, turn right onto Mason Farm Rd. The ACC entrance is immediately on your right. The parking lot surrounds the building.
From the East: Take I-40 West to exit 273B. Take NC 54 West to Chapel Hill. Take US 15-501 South to Manning Drive. Turn right on Manning Drive. Travel past the Hospitals and turn left on West Drive (there is a stop light) and right on Mason Farm Road. The ACC entrance is ¼ mile on the left. The parking lot surrounds the building.
From the West: Take NC 54 East to Chapel Hill. Exit at Columbia Street/US 15-501 and turn left onto South Columbia Street. Turn right on Manning Drive. Travel past the Hospitals and turn left on West Drive (there is a stop light) and right on Mason Farm Road. The ACC entrance is ¼ mile on the left. The parking lot surrounds the building.
Click here for UNC Health Care System maps and directions.
Parking at Chapel Hill
Patients with an appointment at the ACC Building are eligible to receive 1 parking voucher to cover the parking fees. Vouchers are unavailable for additional family or friends who drive separately from patients.
Parking is located on either side of the building with entrances on the first and second floors. Patient attendants are available at the second floor entrance to assist patients needing a wheelchair or other assistance.
Please allow at least 15 minutes for parking.
A free shuttle to and from UNC Hospitals is available all day.
UNC Internal Medicine at Panther Creek
6715 McCrimmon Parkway
Floor 3, Suite 300
Cary, NC 27519
Appointments: (984) 215-6380
We offer the following Clinic Services for adult patients (18 years or older)
- – focusing on disease prevention, health promotion, disease management, diagnostic evaluation and acute care
- – established patients can be seen within 2 days for acute (non-emergent) illnesses. We reserve appointments in our practice to see you on the same day or next day you call.
- Travel Clinic – immunizations, other medications and traveler’s advice for patients planning travel abroad
Disease Management (Enhanced Care) Programs – focusing on patients with chronic conditions
- Anticoagulation/Warfarin Clinic – monitoring and safe prescription of anticoagulants (warfarin) and prevention of future clots
- Diabetes Program – visits with diabetes specialists, certified diabetes educators (CDE) and support from care assistants
- ADA-approved Diabetes Self-Management Education Group – group sessions for patients with diabetes
- Dietitian/nutrition visits – medical nutrition therapy for patients with diabetes and patients who want to lose weight
- Chronic Pain Clinic – pain management for patients already established with our clinic
- Heart Failure – visits with providers, educational sessions and support from care assistants
- Hospital Follow-Up – visits with providers to discuss recent discharges from hospital to assist patients with transitional care
For our Medicare Patients
Onsite radiology, pharmacy, and laboratory services
We have office hours five days a week and offer after hours nurse assistance.
To schedule your appointment, call:
- Toll free: 800-862-4938.
- You may also request an appointment via MyUNCchart.
Our patient assistants will need certain information from you when you call:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your medical record number
- Billing address
- Home phone and cell phone numbers
- Your personal email address
- Updated insurance information
- Special needs like:
- Interpreter services
- Public transportation
If you are a new patient to our clinic, please visit this page to access the forms you will need for your appointment.
To cancel your appointment
We need your help. Too many of our patients are missing appointments without canceling them. When this happens an appointment is wasted. As soon as you know you will be unable to keep an appointment, you can help us by calling 984-974-4462 or canceling via MyUNCchart the earlier we know the better. We would like to be able to offer unused appointments to other patients who need to see the doctor.
When you need to cancel an appointment, just call 984-974-4462, choose your language preference and then choose option #1 and leave your:
- Medical record or social security number, and
- Date of appointment that you wish to cancel.
You can choose option #3 If you would like to speak to a Patient Assistant.
It typically takes 45-60 minutes for an appointment once you check in. This includes time with your nurse, your provider and check-out.
Televox®, an automated phone system, will call you to remind you of your appointment a few days in advance. You will be able to cancel or confirm your appointment at this time. You can also use your MyUNCchart to confirm, request or cancel an appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to allow for parking and registration. Please bring your UNC Medical Record Card, your insurance card, your medicines, and your blood sugar meter if you have one.
- Call 984-974-4462 for an appointment in our Same Day Clinic or to speak with a triage nurse.
- We reserve appointments in our practice to see you on the same day you call for acute needs. Appointments are available for returning patients only.
*If a life threatening emergency occurs, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
If you need urgent medical attention after hours or on weekends, please contact:
UNC Urgent Care
6013 Farrington Road, Suite 101
Open seven days a week from 9:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Available after business hours, an on weekends and holidays.
UNC OrthoNow Urgent Care
6011 Farrington Road, Suite 201
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 AM-7:00PM
OrthoNow offers same-day orthopaedic visits for acute sprains and strains, joint pain, sports injuries and possible fractures. No need to wait to get in to see someone trained in orthopaedic care, you can be seen the same day, or call to set up an appointment to see your favorite practitioner.
For patient safety and refill accuracy, we do not accept refill requests over the telephone. All requests must be submitted electronically from your pharmacy, faxed to 919-843-9355 or via MyUNCchart.
Although we usually process requests the same day as received, please allow 2 business days for refill requests to be completed.
Certain medications may require an appointment to assess the ongoing need for the medication.
Please review your need for prescription refills before your visit so your doctor can provide them. It also helps to bring your medicine bottles to your visit.
There are two resources available to help patients with their medical bills.
We provide the following options to help you with your medical assistance:
- A financial counselor available to help the patients pay their hospital and physician bills.
- A financial assistance program available through the pharmacy to help patients pay for their medications.
You must qualify to participate in these assistance programs.
Financial Counselor for Hospital and Physician Bills
If you need help with your bills, see Hilda Williams. Her phone number is 984-974-5772. She is located in the 3rd floor lobby area across the hall from the ACC Pharmacy. When she is not available you may reach out to Cassandra Durham, Orthopedics ACC-2nd floor. Her number is 919-966-7560.
If you are having trouble paying for your medicines, see the Pharmacy’s Counselors. The Pharmacy Counselor is located next to the Hospital Pharmacy.