Our division conducts research in North Carolina and around the world through the Institute for Global Health & Infectious Diseases.
Research is focused on HIV and sexually transmitted infections, malaria and other vector-borne diseases, tuberculosis, influenza, emerging pathogens, and hospital infection control.
UNC is home to:
- Antimicrobial Resistance Research
- UNC HIV Cure Center
- Zika research
- Global HIV Prevention and Treatment Clinical Trials Unit
- Center for AIDS Research
- The largest AIDS cure initiative in the country (CARE)
- Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology and Ecology Lab
- The Behavior and Technology or BAT Lab at UNC, technology-based research on all aspects of sexual health