Geriatric Oncology Training Grant
UNC Geriatric Oncology Training Grant (UNC-GO)
The UNC Geriatric Oncology Training Grant (UNC-GO) is a T32 training program of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) specifically focused on training physicians (MDs, DOs) in clinical/translational and/or health services research at the interface of Geriatrics and Oncology. UNC-GO provides fellowship support for one to two years, with plans to accept one new fellow per year.
The UNC-GO Program is co-directed by
- Hyman Muss, MD (Mary Jones Hudson Distinguished Professorship in Geriatric Oncology; Director of Geriatric Oncology Program, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center)
- Jan Busby-Whitehead, MD (Mary and Thomas Hudson Distinguished Professor of Geriatric Medicine; founding Chief, Division of Geriatric Medicine; founding Director, Center for Aging and Health; Director, Hartford Center of Excellence in Geriatric Medicine). Leadership of the UNC-GO program includes an Executive Committee, Steering Committee (Internal Advisory Board), and External Advisory Board.
How to Apply
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement describing your long term career goals and plans for research (2 pages maximum). It is especially helpful if you identify areas of research interest (either by tumor type of interest or research methodology)
- Three letters of recommendation – one must be from your program director
- Hyman B. Muss, MD (UNC-GO Co-Director) – email@example.com
- Jan Busby-Whitehead, MD (UNC-GO Co-Director) – Jan_Busby-Whitehead@med.unc.edu
- A. Nyrop, PhD – firstname.lastname@example.org