Blaine Brower, FNP
Family Nurse Practitioner
Areas of Interest
After receiving her BS in nursing from the University of NC at Chapel Hill (2000), Blaine began her career in the NC Jaycee Burn Center. She worked with a complex patient population, providing burn care to patients from all across NC. It is here that she developed a love for education, as she worked with outreach programs on fire safety.
In 2007, she transitioned to the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care (CTICU) for a new challenge. The CTICU provided new educational opportunities including ventricular assist devices and intra-abdominal balloon pumps. Blaine continued to foster her education, and completed her Masters of Science in Nursing at UNC-Chapel Hill, in 2011.
Blaine is currently practicing as a board certified nurse practitioner (NP) with the Surgery Oncology Service, at UNC Healthcare. She works with the inpatient population, managing postoperative care for the complex oncology population. She continues to grow, in this ever evolving role and current research surrounds examining the benefits advanced practice providers provide to healthcare systems.
Honors and Awards
- Advanced Practice Provider Award, UNC Department of Surgery, 2013-2014
- UNC Oncology Nursing Excellence Award, UNC Department of Oncology, 2013
- Certificate of Excellence in the Preceptor Role, UNC Hospitals, TICU, 2010
- Nursing Recognition “SPARK” Award, UNC Chapel Hill, Jaycee Burn Center, 2005
- Certificate of Recognition, United States Army Special Operations Division, FEDS_HEAL, 2004
Masters of Science in Nursing
Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner; Intra-aortic Baloon Pump and Ventricular Assist Device Certified