Latino Medical Student Association
UNC’s chapter of LMSA’s primary goal is to gather students of all backgrounds at the under-graduate and graduate levels alongside physicians, to work together on improving the health of the Latino community. We would love to hear from you and talk with you about how you can get involved. Check out our webpage on Student Life.
UNC LMSA proudly supports access to medical school and all forms of higher education, regardless of documentation status.
To improve the well-being of the Latino community locally, throughout the state of North Carolina, and globally through continuous efforts abroad.
- Construct a community between undergraduate students, medical students and physicians interested in Latino health.
- Further the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students in medicine
- Educate the general body of medical students on Latino health issues
- Advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
- Grant leadership and volunteering opportunities