MSL is open, with significant changes:
- Every user in our core will need to read, acknowledge, sign and return our Code of Conduct to MSL staff via email (email@example.com), before they can come back.
- Please send us your PID number in the email with the Code of Conduct. This will allow us to provide you with access to our building and microscope room during office hours (8am-5pm).
- Due to social distancing guidelines and reduced staffing we will not be able to provide the same kind of in-person support that we did before the pandemic. Thus, proper planning and communication, in advance, with MSL staff will be very important. This is particularly the case if you need to do something different, new or difficult on a microscope, even if you are already familiar with that microscope.
- We are training new users, mostly remotely, as described here.
- MSL has developed procedures to reduce core occupancy, and ensure social distancing.
- PPE is mandatory. Details are available in our Code of Conduct.
Please note that the consequences of any non-compliance with our code of conduct could be severe, for all of us. Careless behavior may expose others and their family members to disease, as well as shut down access to our core for two weeks as mandated quarantines cascade through our user base and staff. We all need to do our best to keep each other safe and allow our research to continue.
Our detailed operational plan for reopening is available here.
Our mission is to help you with your research.
We look forward to hearing about your research needs and how we can help.
We are a UNC core facility that is part of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and are the light microscopy core for the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center. We work with researchers from UNC, other academic and governmental institutions, and companies.
New to MSL?
Read our instructions to get started.
Already a user?
Book time or request training on our iLab site.
Please acknowledge us in your papers.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 919-966-2413.
We are located in the basement of the Brinkhous-Bullitt building.