Core Questions for Journal Club
These guidelines offer ways to briefly cover the following key points during journal club discussions and/or grand rounds when presenting research findings.
Guidelines for Grand Rounds and Journal Club Meetings
- Type of study and study design
- Source of funding
- Sample selection strategy and characteristics of sample
- Analytical approach used
- How generalizable are results?
- How would you discuss the findings with patients?
- For study enrollment?
- For application of study results to the patient’s care?
Click here to download “Critical Reading of the Medical Literature: Structured Review of Articles”. provides a suggested format for those who are preparing summaries of article for journal club.