The Mission of the Office of Research
The primary mission of the Office of Research (OoR) is to develop and implement a strategic plan for research in the School of Medicine. The OoR provides support for:
- Startup packages for new faculty hires
- Retention packages for current faculty
- Core Research Facilities
- Applications for new research equipment and training grants.
- Conflict of Interest Reviews
- Facility Use Agreement Reviews
- Bridge Funding Application Reviews
The Office facilitates the work of the Vice Dean for Research, Blossom Damania, PhD. To accomplish the mission of the OoR, Dr. Damania works with a team of people who work collaboratively to enhance research infrastructure both at the School and the institution. Please see the ‘People’ page and for more specific information about the team members. To schedule a time to meet with the Office of Research please contact Jennifer Brennan or Trisha Dant.