How we are keeping you safe from COVID-19?
**Special Notice – Steroid Injections and the COVID Vaccine**
Appointments for steroid injections will need to be coordinated around your scheduled Covid vaccine. Appointments in orthopaedics for steroid injections will be scheduled outside of a three-week window of the Covid vaccine. This three-week window during which time we will not schedule you for a steroid injection, is two weeks prior to, and one week following your Covid vaccine.
Before Your Visit
Before you come for your visit, we are preparing to keep you safe by doing the following:
- You will be interviewed during the appointment process to assess your risk of exposure to COVID-19 and will be offered resources and support.
At Our Clinic
We are taking the following precautions to ensure your safety when you come to our clinic:
- Providing surgical masks to you to protect you and our staff from transmission. (Note: We cannot see any patient in our clinics if they are not wearing a mask)
- Our staff always wear masks to keep both them and you safe.
- Any COVID-positive patients who need urgent care are seen after hours in a separate clinic space
We also continue to offer virtual visits to our patients. This is a safe and easy way to connect with your provider to access care without leaving your home. A few things to know about virtual care include:
- It’s private and secure
- Patients can use computers or smartphones
- The visit is conducted in the comfort of your home
- Visits are billed like an in-office visit, co-pays or deductibles apply.
If you are currently a UNC Orthopaedic patient, you can continue to reach us through My UNC Chart. You may also reach out to us at (984) 974-5700. If you have an emergent issue, please call 911.
For more resources how to get a COVID-19 vaccine, visit: https://vaccine.unchealthcare.org/