Timeline for Residency Applications for Academic Year 2020–2021
|June 2020||ERAS opens for all applicant registration|
|September1, 2020||Applicants can apply to programs|
|October 21, 2020||Programs can view applications|
|November 2020||UNC Interview season begins|
|January 2021||UNC Interview season closes|
|March 15-19, 2021||Match Week|
Interviews will all be virtual this year. They will include an overview of the program, time with faculty and time with the current residents.
Applications are accepted through December 2020. Available interview slots may fill quickly and interested applicants are advised to submit their applications early.
The UNC Hospitals Pathology Residency Program requires:
- Applications must be submitted exclusively through ERAS.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Demonstrated interest in Pathology
- Valid ECFMG certification for international medical graduates
- Medical school cut-off date of ten years