COVID-19 Clinical Resources
UNC COVID Ambulatory Scheduling
Please review below to determine which available location will best address patient needs and the method to schedule for that location.
- Optimized Children’s Multi-specialty Clinic Follow Up Process – December 2, 2020
- Clinic Staffing – In-person visits may be seen in Chapel Hill with limited capacity, Raleigh is fully open.
- Schedulers will contact all patients to be seen and notify of pre-call for video visits.
We encourage you to watch the webinar, prepared by our UNC colleagues, to provide parents, families, and providers with pertinent background on aerosols, masks, and easy ways to improve mask fit, especially in kids. In addition to the webinar, check out the presentation slides with notes, and a handout that can be distributed to help parents adjust their kids’ mask for a better fit and better protection.
Resources for COVID Testing Questions
While children have been less severely affected by COVID-19 than adults, children of all ages can still get COVID-19. They can still spread it to other people, including people at high risk for severe infection. In some cases, children can also get very sick with COVID-19 and related conditions. Therefore, it is important that children can be tested for COVID-19 when a health care provider feels it is appropriate to do so.
- Information for Patients and Families – www.unchealthcare.org/coronavirus/testing
- Information for UNC Health Care and School of Medicine employees – unchcs.intranet.unchealthcare.org/COVID19ResourcesandNews
UNC COVID Pediatric Pathways
- Guidance for Outpatient Treatment of COVID-19 in Pediatric Patients
- UNCMC Mask Quick Reference Guide
- COVID19 Infant Decision Tree – December 15, 2021
- Newborn Transfer Workflow for COVID+ Moms – July 27, 2020
Critical Care & Inpatient
- UNC Children’s COVID-19 Guidelines – August 19, 2021
- Children’ COVID Surge Plan – Effective December 3, 2020
- 24/7 Pediatric COVID-19 Admission Notification Pathway – Effective December 3, 2020
- COVID Pediatric Rapid Response Guide – Effective May 24, 2020
- 2020 Acute Care RN Orientation to PICU Addendum Crisis – April 13, 2020
OR and Procedures
- UNC Health COVID-19 Policy on Procedures and Surgical Cases – Effective March 17, 2020
- COVID Testing Process – Pediatric OR and Procedural Cases – May 6, 2020
- Early AM Pre-Op Patient Workflow – March 26, 2020
- Peds OR COVID Protocol – April 8, 2020
- Respiratory-Etiquette_All Masks Required
- Visitor Restrictions_UNCMC_Sept 2020
- Universal Pandemic Precautions :: PolicyStat
- ED visitor presenting to front entrance workflow – March 26, 2020
- General Visitation Workflow – March 26, 2020
- Patient with extenuating circumstances visitor workflow – March 26, 2020
- Patients & visitors presenting to front door 10 pm-6 am workflow – March 26, 2020
- Virtual Visitation Resources – March 27, 2020
- Visitation Implementation Plan :: PolicyStat