Health and Wellness
NC Healthy Active Living (NC HEAL)
Personalized coaching and support for any client wishing to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
NC HeAL is a free program committed to improving the physical health and well-being of clients enrolled in the Coordinated Specialty Care Clinics of North Carolina.
Click here for referral information.
Click here to view our brochure.
Freedom from Smoking and Vaping
What we do:
- Work one-on-one with clients, helping them identify and achieve wellness goals.
- Provide consultation, direct management, or referrals for nicotine dependence, hypertension, high blood sugar and lipids, and obesity.
- Provide education and training to CSC staff to improve knowledge and treatment of the modifiable risk factors that lead to morbidity and early mortality in their clients.
Who we are:
- National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Psychiatrist specializing in the comprehensive care of people in the early years of psychotic illness, also with Tobacco Treatment Specialty certification and additional obesity management training.
- Registered Dietician with extensive mental health treatment experience
- Graduate student at the Gillings School of Global Public Health, UNC Chapel Hill