- Postdoctoral fellowship, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
- PhD (Cellular Radiation Biology), Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- AB (Biological and Medical Sciences), Brown University, Providence, RI
- Cellular and molecular radiation and cancer biology
- Normal tissue and tumor radiobiology
- Radiation toxicology
- Radiation and public health
- Clinical oncology
- Scientific writing, editing, proofreading, and publishing
- Standardized test design, test-taking skills and public speaking
Recent Publications (peer-reviewed)
- Dynlacht JR, Dewhirst MW, Hall EJ, Rosenstein BS and Zeman EM. Toward a consensus on radiobiology teaching to radiation oncology residents. Radiat Res 2002;157:599-606. PMID: 11966327.
- Zeman EM, Dynlacht JR, Rosenstein BS and Dewhirst MW. Toward a national consensus: Teaching radiobiology to radiation oncology residents. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002;54:861-872. PMID: 12377340.
- Coleman CN, Stone HB, Alexander GA, Barcellos-Hoff MH, Bedford JS, Bristow RG, Dynlacht JR, Fuks Z, Gorelic LS, Hill RP, Joiner MC, Liu FF, McBride WH, McKenna WG, Powell SN, Robbins MEC, Rockwell S, Schiff PB, Shaw EG, Siemann DW, Travis EL, Wallner PE, Wong RSL and Zeman EM. Education and training for radiation scientists: Radiation Research Program and American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology Workshop, Bethesda, Maryland, May 12–14, 2003. Radiat Res 2003;160:729-737. PMID: 14640790.
- Pusey D, Smith L, Zeman E, and Adams R. A history and overview of the certification exam for medical dosimetrists. Medical Dosimetry 2005;30:92-96. PMID: 15922175.
- Dynlacht JR and Zeman EM. Recent initiatives for radiation oncology resident education in radiation and cancer biology. Radiat Res 2007;168:262-265. PMID: 17722362.
- Rosenstein BS, Held KD, Rockwell S, Williams J and Zeman EM. American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) survey of radiation biology educators in U.S. and Canadian radiation oncology residency programs. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009;75:896-905. PMID: 19733012.
- Church J, Hannum W, Schreiber E, Zeman EM, Kostich M and Adams RD. DOSE: Dosimetry online supplemental education. Radiat Ther 24(2): 197-201, 2015.
- Dynlacht JR, Zeman EM, Held K, Deye J, Vikram B and Joiner MC. Education and training needs in the radiation sciences: Problems and potential solutions. Radiat Res 184: 449-455, 2015. PMID: 26479274
Recent Publications (non-peer-reviewed)
Journal and Online Articles:
- Zeman EM. US radiation oncology resident education in radiation biology: Time for a reappraisal? EURADNEWS, online newsletter of the European Late Effects Project Group and the European Radiation Dosimetry Group. Special issue on “Training and Education in the Radiological Sciences”, Number 12, November, 2002 (ISSN 1627-3699).
- Rosenstein BS, Editor-in-Chief; Held, K, Rockwell S, Zeman E, Senior Associate Editors; Allalunis-Turner J, Haimovitz-Friedman A, Kronenberg A, Morgan W, Murnane J, Stevens C, Sweasy J and Williams J, Associate Editors. RABEX 2005: Radiation and Cancer Biology Practice Examination. Advanced Medical Publishing, Madison, 2005.
- Rosenstein BS, Editor-in-Chief; Held K, Rockwell S, Williams J and Zeman EM, Senior Associate Editors. 2006-2011 Editions of the ASTRO Radiation and Cancer Biology Practice Examination and Study Guide.
- Eblan MJ, VanderWalde NA, Zeman EM and Jones E. Hypofractionation for breast cancer: lessons learned from our neighbors to the north and across the pond. Oncology (Williston Park) 2014;28(6):536-546. PMID: 25134333.
- Zeman EM. Book Review: Radiobiology Self-Assessment Guide. Int J Radiat Biol 2017 Jul;93(7):740-741. doi.org/10.1080/09553002.2017.1312671.
- Zeman EM. The History and Radiobiology of Hypofractionation. In Kaidar-Person, O. and Chen R.C. (eds.): Hypofractionated and Stereotactic Radiation Therapy: A Practical Guide. Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland, 2018, pp. 1-31.
- Zeman, EM, Schreiber EC and Tepper JE. Basics of Radiation Therapy. In Abeloff, M.D., Armitage, J.O., Niederhuber, J.E., Kastan, M.B. and McKenna, W.G. (eds): Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology, Sixth Edition. Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, 2019, pp. 431-460.
- Zeman, EM. The Biological Basis of Radiation Oncology. In Tepper, J.E., Foote, R.L. and Michalski, J.M. (eds): Gunderson & Tepper’s Clinical Radiation Oncology, Fifth Edition. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2020, pp. 2-38.