BA, Biochemistry, Smith College, Northampton, MA (1982)
MD Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH (1992)
MS, Biomedical Engineering, Dartmouth College Hanover, NH (1985)
PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Dartmouth College Hanover, NH (1990)
Residency, Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Boston, MA (1993-1997)
Board Certified in Radiation Oncology (2007)
Honors and Awards
1981 First Group Scholars, Smith College
1982 Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Smith College
1987 Sigma Xi Grant in Aid of Research
1988 Young Investigator’s Award, 5th International Symposium on Hyperthermic Oncology, Kyoto Japan
1988-1989 Clinical Assistantship in Cancer Research, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover, NH
1989 Radiation Research Society Travel Award
1990 Sigma Xi, elected to full membership
1991 Franklin Medical Society Scholarship
1995 ASTRO Research Fellowship
1995 ACS Fellowship
1996 Radiation Research Society Travel Award
1998 Butler Harris Endowed Assistant Professor, Duke University
2002 Teacher of the Year Award: Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology, (ARRO) , Duke University
2003 Vice President, Society for Thermal Medicine
2004 President Society for Thermal Medicine
2005 Visiting Professor Northwestern University
2005 Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology Graz, Austria
2006 Visiting Professor Tokyo University; Invited speaker, 14th Annual Meeting of Japanese Breast Cancer Society
2006 Visiting Professor, Charite Hospital Berlin, Germany, Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology
2007 Visiting Professor, University of Virginia
2007 Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology Prague, Czech Republic
2008 Visiting Professor, Cleveland Clinic
2008 Visiting Professor / Oncology Symposia: Qujing No.1 People Hospital, China; Shouguang People Hospital, China; Liaocheng People Hospital, China; Dalian Hospital, China
2009 Visiting Professor, University of Louisville
2011 Keynote address, 2011 International Meeting of the Society for Thermal Medicine, New Orleans
2012 Fellow, Academy of Educators – UNC School of Medicine
2013 Visiting professor, Mount Sinai Hospital
1. Jones EL, Vujaskovic Z, Samulski TV, Dewhirst, MW, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia. In Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology 5th edition. Perez CA, Halperin EC, and Brady LW, (eds)., 637-668 pgs., 2008.
2. Dewhirst MW, Jones EL, Samulski TV, Vujaskovic Z, Li C, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia (In) Cancer Medicine (Kufe et al.) 6th edition, 549-561 pgs., 2003.
3. Jones EL, Vujaskovic Z, Samulski TV, Dewhirst, MW, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia. In Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology 4th edition. Perez CA, Halperin EC, and Brady LW, (eds)., 637-668 pgs., 2003.
4. Jones EL, Mauch P M: Mantle irradiation alone for selected patients with PS IA and IIA Hodgkin’s Disease. Seminars in Radiation Oncology, 162-171 pgs., 1996.
5. Jones EL: Biological rationale of interstitial thermoradiotherapy. In Interstitial and Intracavitary Thermoradiotherapy, H. Seegenschmidt (ed), Springer-Verlag, New York, Heidelberg, 3-12, 1993.
6. Douple EB, Wills ML, Jones EL: Radiopotentiation in a murine tumor (MTG-B) by continuous infusion platinum. In Clinical Application of Concomitant Infusion Chemotherapy and RT, Rosenthal C J and Rotman M, (eds.), Springer-Verlag, New York, 191- 96, 1991.
7. Jones EL, Douple EB: Hyperthermia and low dose rate irradiation. In Hyperthermia and Oncology, Vol. 3, Urano and Douple, (eds.), VSP, Netherlands, 135-153, 1991.
8. Douple E B, O’Hara JA, Jones EL: Paraplatin enhancement of radiation therapy in a murine tumor (MTG-B). Anticancer Drug Research, Lectures and Symposia of the 14th International Cancer Congress, 1986. Lapis K , and Eckhart S, (eds) Akademiai Kiado, Budapest, Vol 9, p 71-80, 1987.
9. Jones EL, Douple EB, Strohbehn K: Thermal enhancement ratios for single dose and fractionated dose external beam radiation therapy combined with hyperthermia. Proceedings of the 12th Northeast Bioengineering Conference, Orphanoudakis S C, (ed) I. E. E. E., New York, p 58-61, 1986.