- MD Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH (1992)
- Residency – Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Boston, MA (1993-1997)
- PhD (Biomedical Engineering) Dartmouth College Hanover, NH (1990)
- MS (Biomedical Engineering) Dartmouth College Hanover, NH (1985)
- BA (Biochemistry) Smith College, Northampton, MA (1982)
- Board Certified in Radiation Oncology (2007)
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Visiting professor, Mount Sinai Hospital
- 2012 Fellow, Academy of Educators – UNC School of Medicine
- 2011 Keynote address, 2011 International Meeting of the Society for Thermal Medicine, New Orleans
- 2009 Visiting Professor, University of Louisville
- 2008 Visiting Professor / Oncology Symposia: Qujing No.1 People Hospital, China; Shouguang People Hospital, China; Liaocheng People Hospital, China; Dalian Hospital, China
- 2008 Visiting Professor, Cleveland Clinic
- 2007 Visiting Professor, University of Virginia
- 2007 Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology Prague, Czech Republic
- 2006 Visiting Professor Tokyo University; Invited speaker, 14th Annual Meeting of Japanese Breast Cancer Society
- 2006 Visiting Professor, Charite Hospital Berlin, Germany, Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology
- 2005 Visiting Professor Northwestern University
- 2005 Keynote speaker, European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology Graz, Austria
- 2004 President Society for Thermal Medicine
- 2003 Vice President, Society for Thermal Medicine
- 2002 Teacher of the Year Award: Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology, (ARRO) , Duke University
- 1998 Butler Harris Endowed Assistant Professor, Duke University
- 1996 Radiation Research Society Travel Award
- 1995 ACS Fellowship
- 1995 ASTRO Research Fellowship
- 1991 Franklin Medical Society Scholarship
- 1990 Sigma Xi, elected to full membership
- 1989 Radiation Research Society Travel Award
- 1988-1989 Clinical Assistantship in Cancer Research, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover, NH
- 1988 Young Investigator’s Award, 5th International Symposium on Hyperthermic Oncology, Kyoto Japan
- 1987 Sigma Xi Grant in Aid of Research
- 1982 Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Smith College
- 1981 First Group Scholars, Smith College
1. Jones EL, Vujaskovic Z, Samulski TV, Dewhirst, MW, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia. In Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology 5th edition. Perez CA, Halperin EC, and Brady LW, (eds)., 637-668 pgs., 2008.
2. Dewhirst MW, Jones EL, Samulski TV, Vujaskovic Z, Li C, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia (In) Cancer Medicine (Kufe et al.) 6th edition, 549-561 pgs., 2003.
3. Jones EL, Vujaskovic Z, Samulski TV, Dewhirst, MW, Prosnitz LR: Hyperthermia. In Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology 4th edition. Perez CA, Halperin EC, and Brady LW, (eds)., 637-668 pgs., 2003.
4. Jones EL, Mauch P M: Mantle irradiation alone for selected patients with PS IA and IIA Hodgkin’s Disease. Seminars in Radiation Oncology, 162-171 pgs., 1996.
5. Jones EL: Biological rationale of interstitial thermoradiotherapy. In Interstitial and Intracavitary Thermoradiotherapy, H. Seegenschmidt (ed), Springer-Verlag, New York, Heidelberg, 3-12, 1993.
6. Douple EB, Wills ML, Jones EL: Radiopotentiation in a murine tumor (MTG-B) by continuous infusion platinum. In Clinical Application of Concomitant Infusion Chemotherapy and RT, Rosenthal C J and Rotman M, (eds.), Springer-Verlag, New York, 191- 96, 1991.
7. Jones EL, Douple EB: Hyperthermia and low dose rate irradiation. In Hyperthermia and Oncology, Vol. 3, Urano and Douple, (eds.), VSP, Netherlands, 135-153, 1991.
8. Douple E B, O’Hara JA, Jones EL: Paraplatin enhancement of radiation therapy in a murine tumor (MTG-B). Anticancer Drug Research, Lectures and Symposia of the 14th International Cancer Congress, 1986. Lapis K , and Eckhart S, (eds) Akademiai Kiado, Budapest, Vol 9, p 71-80, 1987.
9. Jones EL, Douple EB, Strohbehn K: Thermal enhancement ratios for single dose and fractionated dose external beam radiation therapy combined with hyperthermia. Proceedings of the 12th Northeast Bioengineering Conference, Orphanoudakis S C, (ed) I. E. E. E., New York, p 58-61, 1986.