- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the school's data.
- Create and sustain information security awareness.
- Provide reference information and tools to assist you with security and privacy related issues that are prevalent within the School of Medicine's network.
- Security News
- Check your version of Internet Explorer Microsoft is ending support for Internet Explorer versions older than IE11. OIS recommends updating to IE11 or Microsoft Edge so that you will receive the latest security updates. For computers managed by the UNC AD domain, Internet Explorer will be updated to IE11 automatically, starting January 26, 2016. Jan 14, 2016
- Project SIR: How to identify sensitive data on your computer At UNC we all have a responsibility to protect sensitive information that we have created or has been entrusted to us. Identity Finder is a tool that is available to scan and remediate sensitive data on your computer. Read more about Identity Finder and how to move sensitive data to a secure location. Nov 19, 2015
- Project SIR: Help protect our sensitive information Read a letter from Paul Godley, MD, PhD, MPP, vice dean, finance and administration, on Project SIR, an ongoing effort to help faculty and staff identify, correctly store or delete sensitive information. Nov 12, 2015
- OIS Security Bytes: Move Your Sensitive Data NOW! Do you work with sensitive data (MRNs, SSNs, etc.)? If so, it is YOUR responsibility to protect that information. The safest location for University data is secure network storage. Read more about Project SIR and how you can secure sensitive information stored on your computer. Oct 29, 2015
- OIS Security Bytes – Project SIR The Sensitive Information Remediation Project, better known as Project SIR, is a campus-wide initiative with the purpose to scan, find, delete and/or secure sensitive information. OIS in conjunction with ITS is working with the entire School of Medicine community to provide the tools, procedures and reporting necessary to help data owners discover all of the sensitive information that they may have and to provide options to secure such information. Oct 15, 2015