About the Clinic
The Student Health Action Coalition (SHAC) provides free health care and services to underserved populations while engaging UNC Health Science students in interdisciplinary service-learning activities.
SHAC is a student led organization whose mission is to:
- Provide free health services to our uninsured and underinsured neighbors in Carrboro, Chapel Hill and Durham.
- Partner with communities to develop and implement sustainable programs.
- Create an interdisciplinary service learning environment for students in the Health Science programs at UNC.
SHAC is run by entirely by student volunteers from many schools within UNC-CH including:
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Dentistry
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- School of Business
- Division of Physical Therapy (Department of Allied Health Sciences)
- Division of Occupational Therapy (Department of Allied Health Sciences)
- Division of Speech and Language Pathology (Department of Allied Health Sciences)